Re: git hang-ups

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: git hang-ups
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 10:29:54 +0100

Mark Polesky wrote Tuesday, August 04, 2009 9:23 AM

Does anyone know -- is there any harm in just generating a new
SSH key pair?

No harm at all.

I think my modem gives me a different IP address
from time to time.

It (well, your ISP) will - that's normal.

I could be making that up, and I don't know
if that would even affect the SSH stuff.

It won't affect it at all.

But I'm willing to try
anything at this point. Would generating a new key pair cause
problems?

No, but I doubt it will fix anything either.
Did rebuilding the repository have no effect?

BTW your env variables seem normal, so no help
from there, I'm afraid.

Something must have happened between the last
time git worked and the first time it failed.
Anything you did during that time is a suspect.

Trevor