Re: LilyPond concept glossary?

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: LilyPond concept glossary?
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 14:38:01 +0100

Trevor Daniels wrote Wednesday, August 05, 2009 9:09 AM

Trevor Daniels wrote Thursday, July 30, 2009 9:16 PM

Mark Polesky wrote Thursday, July 30, 2009 7:06 PM

It would be nice to have some central place that explains some
"internals" concepts.
It would be nice to have a LilyPond-specific glossary, that users could also use. For example, a user might get "glyph" and "stencil" confused. I still get "command" "keyword" "identifier" and "variable" confused.
I still don't know the difference between "parser" and "lexer".

So I'll put the stub as a new NR Appendix.

I've just pushed a stub for the new NR Appendix,
with a few of the terms fleshed out.  Now I
need some help with text for the others from
informed developers.  Either edit and push
directly, or email me with text, whichever seems
easiest.

Trevor