Re: LilyPond concept glossary?

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: LilyPond concept glossary?
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 09:58:36 +0100

John Mandereau wrote Wednesday, August 05, 2009 8:47 PM

At least one of the terms listed by Mark is introduced in the Learning Manual: "grob" in 4.1.2 Objects and interfaces. I see this glossary could be a quick reference that briefly defines each term and gives cross-references to documentation where the term is used and explained
its context.

Agreed.  I've added a few links now.

BTW this could even go into the new document improperly
called essay.tely, couldn't it?

It could, but I think it's better in the NR, as a source of reference for both users and new developers struggling to master the jargon, rather than
part of an overview of LilyPond's development.

BTW, I'd be grateful if you and other developers could keep an
eye on the text as I add it, and fix or comment on any inaccuracies,
as I'm a little out of my depth with some of the terms.

Trevor