Re: parser variables persist beyond { } scope

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: parser variables persist beyond { } scope
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 19:39:22 +0200

Le jeudi 06 août 2009 à 09:55 -0700, Mark Polesky a écrit :
>   \afterGrace <music> <music>
>
> Though I admit, I'm not particularly fond of this solution.

Neither am I.  Why not just junk the <music> <music> form?

> This would require modifying the define-music-function defmacro
> (on line 764 of music-functions.scm), which may be interesting,
> but most likely would create far more problems than it would fix.
> Not even sure if it would be possible. I could be wrong, but I
> expect a firm veto from Han-Wen...
>
> But I am curious; this is interesting. Could it be done?

I've already thought about it a while ago, and I don't think so: the end
of the arguments list of music functions is not delimited in ly
language, so allowing a variable number of arguments in music functions
would create syntax ambiguities and headaches.

Cheers,
John