Re: Dead lyrics context still occupies vertical space

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: Dead lyrics context still occupies vertical space
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 10:08:41 +1000

On Tue, 2009-08-11 at 01:54 +0200, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:

> Am Dienstag, 11. August 2009 01:10:33 schrieb Francisco Vila:
> > It looks much better now, except for the footer, when stretched.
>
> Yes, I also noticed this with my scores: It appears that the space between
> the
> last staff and the footer is fixed and will never stretch. If a page is
> stretched a lot, this makes the last staff appear too far down. My gut
> feeling
> is that the space between the footer and the last staff should also be
> somehow
> stretched (although maybe not with the same spring constant.

A minute ago, I suggested increasing 'padding in bottom-system-spacing.
Perhaps it would also (or instead?) be a good idea to increase 'space
and 'stretchability. Compared with increasing 'padding, this would
increase the space to the footer more in stretched scores and less in
tight scores. Bear in mind that the 'space in bottom-system-spacing is
measured from the margin to the middle line of the bottom staff (not the
lyrics).

Joe