Re: PATCH: Improved tablature support

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: PATCH: Improved tablature support
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 16:24:16 +0100

Carl Sorensen Friday, August 07, 2009 2:49 PM

The generic approach has now been pushed to git

247f0b6d46fd8f3253a99f95a70ce14345daa5f9

There's a generic styledNoteHeads music function that applies a note style
to music whether or not it's in a chord construct.

Carl, I am part-way through documenting this, and
in developing an example I realised this music
function like all music functions is a prefix
operator.  Applied to a sequence of notes like

\xNote { e f }

it's fine, but

c d\xNote e f

causes the following e to take a crossed head, not
the preceding d.  Same in chords - in

< g \xNote c f >

it's the c note head that is crossed.  Furthermore,
in chords it's actually an error to enclose the c
in braces.

I don't have a suggestion to make, but I do think
this might be confusing, especially as \harmonic
in chords is postfix.  It is, of course, identical
in action to the \tweak command, which is also a
prefix operator.  What do you think?  I'd welcome
other comments too before I proceed with the
documentation.

Trevor