Re: horizontal offset bug of skip markups

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: horizontal offset bug of skip markups
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 16:11:44 +0200 (CEST)

>> After all, it is very easy to place the markup where you want it by
>> simply using two spacer notes:
>>
>> foo = {
>>  s1
>>  \time 7/8 s8^"foobar" s8*6
>>  \time 10/8
>> }
>
> OK, I haven't thought of that solution, thanks.  This should perhaps
> be added to the documentation.

There is a serious drawback of the above solution: If `skipbars=##t',
you must write e.g. `s1*3' to get a three-bar multi-measure rest in
constructions like `<< { ... } {... } >>'.  Replacing it with `s4
s2. s1*2' gives a different result...

A possible solution (and maybe even a good one regardless of the
specific problem) is to make `skipbars' ignore the structure of skip
rests, always accumulating them to the maximum value.

    Werner