Re: Accordion register symbols

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Accordion register symbols
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 22:51:25 +0200

"Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> writes:

> David
>
> It would make a great snippet!

I don't think so.  It is not sane user-level code.  This sort of
functionality needs a dependable interface, not a snippet pasting
together font fragments.

Basically, I am rather aiming for getting rid of the currently only
existing accordion snippet, not of adding another one.

That's why I am asking

>> Anybody feel that he can take something useful from here?  Bad idea,
>> good idea, bad interface, good interface, bad code, good code?

I want this sort of functionality in for good.  The number interface is
so-so, but the older Swiss system actually uses those number codes.  I
have had no dependable reference for the standard bass registration
(basically, my heap of literature is an incoherent mess usually omitting
those symbols), and more or made one up going from
<URL:http://www.accordions.com/index/art/stradella.shtml>.  I am not
sure it is a good idea to count the contralto with the tenor voice
(making the master be #1121).

But it is four lines (so four digits seems appropriate), and the
contralto does not seem to appear without tenor.