Re: Issue 872 in lilypond: Changes split-page has broken images

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Issue 872 in lilypond: Changes split-page has broken images
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 19:43:39 +0000

On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 08:14:27PM +0100, John Mandereau wrote:
> Le vendredi 06 novembre 2009 à 18:54 +0100, Jan Nieuwenhuizen a écrit :
> > Much better, but I think learning/ and notation/ should be either
> > inside web/, or inside doc/v2.xx -- whatever they contain.
>
> I warmly, highly and definitely second doc/v2.xx (first value of xx will
> be 14), which is clearer than having stable docs at toplevel or in /web,

I'll agree if you're ok with a doc/stable/ symlink that points to
doc/v2.xx/

I would also like the offline target of the docs to share this
directory layout.  (minus the "stable" symlink)

> but there will be significantly fewer misleaded users if we don't have

random English stupidity: in this case, it's just "mislead".  The
word is already in the past tense.

> stable docs at toplevel -- think on all users that wait little time or
> even sometimes a while before upgrading to the newest stable branch.

I don't follow this statement?