Re: problem installing build requirements [Mac OS X 10.4.11]

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: problem installing build requirements [Mac OS X 10.4.11]
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 00:18:23 +0000

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 07:05:18PM -0500, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> I'm trying to get a local build system in place (in order to edit the
> docs), and can't seem to get past some install errors — specifically
>
>    sudo port install tetex

I can't see anything obviously wrong in the output... I mean, it
doesn't suggest anything nice like "oh, they forgot to add xyz as
a dependency; just do a port install xyz and then do tetex again".
I would just file a bug with macports.

BTW, what happens if you just do:
  sudo port install texi2html
  cp GNUmakefile.in GNUmakefile
  make web-gop

?  that _might_ work without any more hassle.  It's not a
long-term solution, but at least you could work on Alternate input
without potentially waiting days or weeks for the macports
maintainers to investigate their package(s).