Re: problem installing build requirements [Mac OS X 10.4.11]

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: problem installing build requirements [Mac OS X 10.4.11]
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 23:33:06 -0500

Hi Graham,

I'll bet you a double-double and 20 timbits[1] that this is
because of "sudo make", or running sudo at some point when
downloading the source?  Once you do "sudo make clean; sudo make
distclean", all the out/ and out-www/ directories should be gone,
and you shouldn't have this problem any more if you run plain
"make".

Glad I'm hungry...  ;)

Doing as you said lead to a different — but still erroneous — build output:

ar: creating archive out/library.a
ranlib out/library.a || ar ts out/library.a || true
make PACKAGE=LILYPOND package=lilypond -C include all && true
mkdir -p ./out
touch ./out/dummy.dep
echo '*' > ./out/.gitignore
true
out/dispatcher.dep:1: *** multiple target patterns.  Stop.
make: *** [all] Error 2

Hmm, ok.  Those instructions look fine.  I forgot they were there.
I'm slightly supicious that they might be 10.5-specific

I've been toying with upgrading to 10.6 recently... maybe I'll just go out tomorrow and buy it, then do a clean sweep.

Thanks,
Kieren.