Re: What's the deal with the module system?

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: What's the deal with the module system?
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 10:15:51 +0100

Am Mittwoch, 25. November 2009 10:02:55 schrieb David Kastrup:
> It would have helped if the code I threw out had contained any comments
> as to what problem it tried to fix, and what symptoms were involved.

Yes, that's also my main problem: The code does not contain any comments, so
it's really hard to understand how something works. That's one of the reasons
why I haven't gotten deeper into lilypond development, simply because it's way
too much work to try to understand the internal details...

> By the way: anybody have a suggestion about why, even after make clean
> and the like, my regression tests always bomb out with

[...]
>  WARNING: Unable to load the map file
> Undefined subroutine &main:: called at
>  /usr/local/tmp/lilypond/Documentation/lilypond-texi2html.init line 750.
>  make[2]: *** [out-test/collated-files.html] Error 25
> rm /usr/local/tmp/lilypond/./out-test/xref-maps/collated-files.xref-map
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/tmp/lilypond/input/regression'
> make[1]: *** [local-test] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/tmp/lilypond/input/regression'
> make: *** [test] Error 2

Do you have texi2html CVS installed? The CVS version is under heavy
development, so it currently only works with texi2html 1.82. (some internal
functions were renamed, upon which our .init script relies.

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886