Re: Issue 787 in lilypond: script stack order fails with 2 more notes

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Issue 787 in lilypond: script stack order fails with 2 more notes
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 21:19:06 +0000

2009/12/1 Carl Sorensen <address@hidden>:

> There is a question I have though,
>
> In your opinion, should
>
> c4^"1"^"2"\turn
>
> put the \turn at the top or the bottom of the stack?

I think I prefer leaving it as it is, otherwise it breaks the rule
that outside-staff-priority should only take precedence over
script-priority when explicitly set.

The main problem I see is how confusing this is for users: for many
scripts there's no default script-priority, which means the engraver
has to furnish it (the same is true for fingerings and text scripts).
Unless you're familiar with the source code, the stacking decisions
can still seem arbitrary.

Regards,
Neil