Re: midi elapsed time markers

From: James Bailey
Subject: Re: midi elapsed time markers
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 19:04:00 +0100

On 07.12.2009, at 16:35, Peter Dingley wrote:

I was searching for a way to print out midi elapsed time
 in my score to be able to easily start the midi file
at the location I am currently working on. At the moment
 I write these in by hand but they change as I
make changes to the music in other locations. As far as I
 could see, there is  no way of generating these
values automatically. I was looking  for something like
 rehearsal marks with the elapsed time for the midi
file in minutes and seconds based on the \tempo value,
 for example. Would this be a useful new feature
or does the facility already exist?

For MacOSX, the program Mighty MIDI can start playback at a particular measure and beat. It isn't exactly what you're looking for, but it should get the end result you're looking for. Whether other programs for different operating systems can do the same, I don't know.