Re: Need help with Memory Corruption [Was: Re: LilyPond 2.13.9 released]

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: Need help with Memory Corruption [Was: Re: LilyPond 2.13.9 released]
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 13:05:50 -0800

On Sat, 2009-12-12 at 17:22 +0100, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> Am Samstag, 12. Dezember 2009 15:43:37 schrieb 胡海鹏 - Hu Haipeng:
> > Sorry, Since the bad frustrating Midi tie problem persists, I have to roll
> >  back to 2.13.7, and wait for a version with fixed tie playback.
>
> I've tried to fix the bug, but I'm always running into memory corruption
> issues, and I have absolutely no idea where the corruption could come from.
>
> Here is a patch that I think should fix the issue, but I'm unable to test,
> since lilypond crashes with memory corruption before it can do anything
> usable
> to the score:
> http://codereview.appspot.com/174080
>
> Does anyone of the other devs have any idea where the coruption might come
> from? The corruption happens as soon as the Head_event_tuple struct has at
> least one data member...

You have a Head_event_tuple in both tie-performer.cc and
tie-engraver.cc. Renaming one of them fixes the problem. Since
tie-engraver.cc uses vector<Head_event_tuple>, I suspect that the
compiler only generated one version of the code for
vector<Head_event_tuple> and linked both tie-performer.o and
tie-engraver.o to the same generated code. But that's only a guess,
since I have almost no idea how a C++ compiler works.

By the way, I've attached my valgrind suppressions file, which I
promised before but I don't think I ever sent.

Cheers,
Joe