Re: `make check' overworks one core on my Core2 quad

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: `make check' overworks one core on my Core2 quad
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 14:13:18 +0000

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 2:00 PM, Neil Puttock <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2009/12/13 Mark Polesky <address@hidden>:
>
>> Is there a way to improve this?  I don't want to put too
>> much extra stress on CPU1 if I run `make check' alot.  Or am
>> I being paranoid?
>
> make -j5 CPU_COUNT=5 check

Be warned that sometimes lilypond-book has hash collisions in the
filename, which can lead to weird compile errors when one process
finished dealing with aa/lily-aaaa.ps (and thus deletes it), while
another process has finished generating aa/lily-aaaa.ps but hasn't
started running ps2pdf yet, and thus doesn't find the file that it
just wrote.

If you use that command and something breaks, run "make check", wait
10 seconds or so, then cancel that, and then re-run the fancier
command.