Re: Debugging help on lilypond

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Debugging help on lilypond
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 10:17:55 -0700

Quoting David Kastrup:

Without _any_ analysis of the actual problem, I am just regurgitating
some keyword-triggered advice from Emacs' DEBUG file.  You might have
compiled without optimization in which case it does not apply.  This
particular option might be considered useful generally since otherwise
debugging any abort/failed assertion (and what's the use of abort
without debugging?)  becomes quite useless.  Spent days on hunting down
an "impossible bug" more than once.

</quote>

I've compiled LilyPond using --disable-optimizing, so it should be
debuggable.

I'm running gdb directly from the command prompt, rather than through Emacs,
so I don't think the optimization of Emacs should apply.

But if I'm wrong in these assumptions, I'd be happy to have you tell me and
give me some pointers as to what to do.

Thanks,
Carl