Re: Debugging help on lilypond

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: Debugging help on lilypond
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 13:27:57 -0800

On Sat, 2009-12-12 at 14:15 -0700, Carl Sorensen wrote:
> So I've finally gotten to a point where I think I know what to do with the
> autobeaming code to make it work properly in 4/4 time with a 1/16 note in
> the second beat.
>
> I've written code to try to fix it.  The code seems to execute properly
> through my changes, but then it gets into a problem, and I get this error
> message:
>
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::out_of_range'
>   what():  vector::_M_range_check
> Abort trap
>

> So I try running it in gdb, and I get the same error.

At this point, you should be able to type "bt" to get a backtrace. You
can move up and down through the frames by typing "up" and "down" or you
can jump to the 23rd frame with "fr 23". Once you are in a frame, you
can examine all of the local variables. The first few frames will
probably be non-lilypond code, so you'll want to ignore them.

Cheers,
Joe