Re: Fix STEPMAKE_GET_VERSION for OpenBSD

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Fix STEPMAKE_GET_VERSION for OpenBSD
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 14:05:35 +0000

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 11:00:34PM -0800, Patrick McCarty wrote:
> On 2009-12-13, Matthias Kilian wrote:
> >
> > I have this as a patch in the lilypond port of OpenBSD for years
> > (since 2006, IIRC), and it looks like I still need it for the
> > development branch. Without this, configure isn't able to detect
> > the versions of at least texi2html, makeinfo and bison. (I really
> > don't remember the reason, too much time has passed since I made
> > this patch)
>
> Can someone else test ./autogen.sh with this patch to make sure
> everything is okay?  I don't understand it, so I'm hesitant about
> applying it.

I'm also hesitant, but don't have time to test it at the moment.
If nobody more knowledgeable says "it's ok", I'll take a look on
the weekend or something.  (if it works with GUB, I think it'd be
ok to push)

It might be worth collecting the recent few build-related patches
and dumping them in the tracker, so they don't get lost.