Re: lilypond-book is hosed

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: lilypond-book is hosed
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 23:22:45 +0100

Le vendredi 25 décembre 2009 à 22:17 +0000, Graham Percival a écrit :
> The regtests are not used in the docs.  Period.
>
> It's possible that a new feature might a file in
> Documentation/snippets/new/ which is an exact copy of a new
> regtest (actually, I've encouraged this), but we don't have many
> of those examples, and I'd expect them to diverge anyway (as the
> regtest covers more cases, or the LSR-bound snippet gets better
> explanations, or whatever).
>
> I think that any saving of processing time would be measured in
> seconds counted on fingers, and the simplification of keeping the
> output from input/regressions/ would far outweigh that amount of
> time.

All this is perfectly right.  However, my reply to Reinhold was about
lilypond-book usage outside official docs and regtests building, so your
remarks don't invalidate my preference for renaming generated snippets
in the final output dir, and not in out/lybook-db (option
--lily-output-dir in lilypond-book).

Best,
John