Re: lily-git: amending patches

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: lily-git: amending patches
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 03:27:19 +0000

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 3:27 PM, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:

> I took an intermediate approach.  The extra button isn't "un-commit", it's
> "wrap the current changes into the previous commit".  There isn't as much
> flexibility as the "un-commit" button, but it should handle the hypothetical
> situation quite well.

Ok.  I'm happy with the described functionality (sorry, ran out time
to test it), but not the UI -- we don't want users to do 1. 2. 3. 4.
under the current UI.

I toyed with having 1. 2a 2b 3. but it wasn't working for me.  I also
briefly tried having a frame around 2a 2b, but couldn't figure out the
tcl/tk commands in the time I allotted myself.

Another possibility is to have the "amend" button on the right
(although not red).  That way, it's clear that it's a special button
that you should only use with your mentor's supervision, but it's not
hard to find.

I ended up pushing this version, but I'm open to other suggestions or
more UI tweaks.