Re: Scheme engraver structure questions

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Scheme engraver structure questions
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 21:32:16 +0100

Nicolas Sceaux <address@hidden> writes:

> Le 9 févr. 2010 à 14:42, David Kastrup a écrit :
>
>> I find that syntax tiresome to read.  It requires evaluation and thus
>> does not have a close correspondence to print syntax.
>>
>> That's partly because of the way the Scheme engraver example has been
>> written.
>>
>> I'd much prefer it to use backquote syntax, such as
>
> A real improvement would be to add syntax to define scheme engravers,
> something like:

[...]

I don't think that this helps understanding all too much: again the
results are not what you'd get when trying to print the engraver.

This asymmetry does not help.

If you really must, you should probably use make-procedure-with-setter
in order to be able to use

(define (engraver-method engraver 'initialize) ...

and retrieve it with

(engraver-method ...

again.