Re: Scheme engraver structure questions

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: Scheme engraver structure questions
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 22:06:19 +0100

Le 9 févr. 2010 à 21:32, David Kastrup a écrit :

> If you really must, you should probably use make-procedure-with-setter
> in order to be able to use
>
> (define (engraver-method engraver 'initialize) ...

According to:

<http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/Adding-or-Setting-Alist-Entries.html>

"The only safe way to update an association list variable when adding or
replacing an entry like this is to set! the variable to the returned value"

You cannot just assoc-set! an associative list.  So a procedure with setter
does not help in that case (unless I've misunderstood something).

Nicolas