Re: CG 2 working with source code

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: CG 2 working with source code
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 23:39:57 -0800 (PST)

Graham Percival wrote:
> Mark, are you still working on CG 2?

Not really.  The bulk of the changes that I wanted to make
are done, so nobody should feel afraid to touch it.
However, out of the 11 (not 13) FIXME's in
source-code.itexi, I am responsible for 10 of them.

I think I can take care of these three:
1166: Explain the confusing warning I always get. -mp
1168: Maybe add a note about enabling/disabling SSH passphrase?
1188: show what success/failure look like.

This one might be easier for someone other than me*:
23: Add instructions for using @command{lily-git} here.
*I don't remember if I said I'd write it, but I haven't done
any work on it.  If someone who's more familiar with it
wants to put something together, that's certainly fine with
me.  I only briefly looked at it a month and a half ago.

This one was here before I got there:
501: when committishes automatic conditional update have been

Can anyone help with any of these three?
145: Add instructions for changing the editor on Windows, which
488: I think the next paragraph is confusing.  Perhaps prepare
1061: Explain how to determine if a patch was created with

The two below deal with incorporating the Windows/GUI stuff
into the new structure.  Haven't thought about this in a
while.  I'll get back to you.  Some relevant threads:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2010-01/msg00280.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2010-01/msg00302.html
47: Remove this note if incorporating Windows instructions
76: add Windows installation instructions (or @@address@hidden on

Anyone have suggestions for this one?
1258: Decide what to do with this...  Pare it down?  Move

- Mark