ghostscript fonts (was: new smaller installers to test)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: ghostscript fonts (was: new smaller installers to test)
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 07:30:43 +0000

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 8:44 PM, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 6:26 PM, Patrick McCarty <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Could other people try compiling a file with Chinese or Japanese
>>> symbols using the official 2.13.13 ?  I'd like to know whether it's
>>> just the regtest-building that's broken, or the entire installer.

Oops, I'd forgotten about:
GUB is missing Japanese fonts, and has been for months.  This isn't
related to the ghostscript issues at all.

> I am a little worried that it might depend on how the font is laid out
> internally.  Perhaps we should let this slip for now, but look into
> this as the first suspect when problems with international font
> rendering pop up.

We had one report on the bug list about fonts on windows.  I've added
the Fonts dir back.

2.13.13-2 is here:
http://lilypond.org/~graham/

Other than that, I agree that we should leave it for now.  I have no
problem adding some (all?) of these dirs back, but let's wait for more
bug reports or other evidence that we actually need them.