Re: nice stockhausen excerpt

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: nice stockhausen excerpt
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 13:45:14 +0100

On 22 Feb 2010, at 13:32, Johannes Schindelin wrote:

I repeat: there is no way that our use of Stockhausen would qualify as
"fair dealing" under Canadian copyright law.  I cannot speak to
copyright law in Germany, Sweden, or other jurisdictions.

So what makes you so sure. Is that what a copyright lawyer has told you?

Hans, are you a copyright lawyer, ...

No.

...willing to give legal advice here, for
free?

But I haven't made a claim what I think has that status. I sent an meial, trying to clarify with those that do.

Whatever your answer, I think that settles that.

So your claim is that copyright issues should only be discussed by copyright lawyers? Then it will be hard to write copyright notices and such, and even for the general public to take it into account.

  Hans