Re: Simplifying make-ottava-set to allow \displayLilyMusic to work with

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Simplifying make-ottava-set to allow \displayLilyMusic to work with \ottava
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 20:10:04 +0000

On 21 February 2010 20:23, Mark Polesky <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'd prefer the former, since maintaining the integrity of
> the program is a higher priority for me.  I'm not a huge fan
> of syntax shortcuts, implicit instantiation, etc.  I imagine
> these sorts of things can lead to problems down the road.

Thanks, Mark.  I'm inclined to agree, but in this case it would have a
detrimental effect on the docs, since I'd have to change the simple
ottava example (which James has just improved) to prevent the extra
stave appearing.

I might be exaggerating when I say the alternative is hackish.  It's a
cheeky trick, though could come in quite useful since it saves having
to create C++ code (it's almost like having a scheme interface for
iterators).

Cheers,
Neil