Re: Commit ecf788d7d0f6 Fix #1009 (\transpose error with pitch alterati

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Commit ecf788d7d0f6 Fix #1009 (\transpose error with pitch alteration > double).
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 20:30:11 +0000

On 23 February 2010 09:29, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> For example, it would likely replace deseses by ais when bes would fit
> much better with the transposed key.

Surely you mean b or ces?

> I consider it likely a better idea to just move the notename in the
> direction of the overaccentuation until the accents are in a sane region
> again.

That's what it does, as far as I can tell.

Before Joe merged Rune's changes to pitch.cc, all pitches were
normalized (resulting in perfectly good double alterations sometimes
being converted).  The current behaviour is for octaves to be
normalized, with the addition I pushed also normalizing alterations
when necessary to get sane values.

Regards,
Neil