Re: CG chapter 3, second draft

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: CG chapter 3, second draft
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 11:35:08 +0000

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 02:27:35PM -0800, Mark Polesky wrote:
> ...and hopefully the final draft.
>
> http://www.markpolesky.com/norobots/compiling_new.itexi
> http://www.markpolesky.com/norobots/compiling_new.itexi.html
>
> Please review and let me know if there are any objections.

3.1: to the best of my knowledge, nobody has successfully compiled
lilypond on OS X recently, so I'd add OS X to the sentence about
using a virtual machine.

3.4.2: I've never used the --srcdir option for doing an
out-of-tree build.  I assume that somebody's tested this and it
doesn't break anything?  Or was it required for old versions of
autoconf?

... sorry, I vaguely recall some discussion about this before, but
I really can't remember the details.

3.5.1: did we decide not to discuss "nice" ?  Again, I vaguely
recall some kind of debate about this earlier, but can't remember
anything else.

Change the FIXME to a TODO.  I don't actually think you need to do
anything there, but if you really want to, it's still not a
2.14-delaying matter.

3.6.3: yes, CPU_COUNT will help here.

Are you sure that "make check" puts the results in "out/" ?  I
thought they went to "out-test/".  Or maybe that was just for the
intermediate files.

Other than that, looks great!