Re: \thumb and Fingering: different priority?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: \thumb and Fingering: different priority?
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 17:05:05 +0100

I'm not sure why the current default settings for \thumb were choosen as they are, but if you want to modify it in your files, you can do

\version "2.12.1"
\layout{
\context{
  \Score
  scriptDefinitions = #(cons `("thumb" .
       ((script-stencil . (feta . ("thumb"  . "thumb")))
       (avoid-slur . around)  ; Default is inside
       (padding . 0.50)          ; Default is 0.50
       (direction . ,UP))) default-script-alist)
}
}

\relative c'' {
   e2(-0 g) |
   f2(-\thumb g)
 }

Please note that it's a back-quote after cons, not an ordinary quote.

   /Mats

Xavier Scheuer wrote:
Hi,

I'm transcribing a score for cello which uses thumb fingering.
It seems that \thumb has a different "script-priority" (or maybe a
different "avoid-slur") value than other fingerings (Fingering object).

See the following example:

  \relative c'' {
    e2(-0 g) |
    f2(-\thumb g)
  }

The thumb fingering should appear outside the slur (like the '0'
fingering in the first measure), not inside as it is now.

Generally \thumb should behave exactly like a Fingering object (well,
actually it *is* a fingering notation).  So its "internals" should be
the same as Fingering.

Could someone have a look at this issue and fix it?

Thanks in advance,
Xavier

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing