Online lilypond interfaces mention in manual

From: Tasos Papastylianou
Subject: Online lilypond interfaces mention in manual
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 20:22:50 +0000 (UTC)

Dear developers,

Firstly congratulations on an excellent piece of software and meticulous and
clear documentation.

I am new to lilypond having used abc notation before, and one of the most useful
features I've used in abc was online converter sites (like
http://www.folkinfo.org/songs/abcconvert.php )

I've been wanting to try lilypond for some time, and naturally I looked for a
similar online tool for lilypond. I simple google search like "lilypond online
converter" etc didn't give me much to work on, so I asked the nice people at
#lilypond over at irc.freenode.net, and they pointed me out (with some
difficulty) to http://www.weblily.net

I find this tool incredibly useful and I think it should be referenced in your
documentation. I'm sure that installation and running is covered in several
places in the documentation; the one I'd have first noticed it on while reading
through the manual from scratch would be in section 2.1.1 on compiling in the
Learning Manual. (other potential candidates are a separate section in the
Application Usage manual, and/or the main lilypond.org website itself, either
referenced in the downloads section, or help/faq/somewhere_else)

It would be very useful to include weblily.net, or any other online similar
resources that you may be aware of, in your 'how to install/use' lists, as this
is an easy and portable way of doing it, and theoretically should work on other
OSes as well (android, etc). Not to mention, the interface is ideal, as
everything is in a single window, which avoids the need to keep switching
between sourcecode, terminal, filebrowser and output files.

Many thanks for your consideration,
Yours sincerely

Tasos Papastylianou

PS. I am not affiliated with the developer of weblily.net in any way, I just
felt online tools like this are incredibly useful and should be readily
referenced in your documentation.