Re: Online lilypond interfaces mention in manual

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Online lilypond interfaces mention in manual
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 21:24:23 +0000

On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 08:22:50PM +0000, Tasos Papastylianou wrote:
> so I asked the nice people at
> #lilypond over at irc.freenode.net, and they pointed me out (with some
> difficulty) to http://www.weblily.net

Interesting!  Never heard of it before.  Although when I check the
domain owner via whois, I see that he's posted on the lilypond
lists twice before, asking about running lilypond as an online
service and the potential guile 2.0 speedup.

I have to admit that at first I was expecting tons of advertizing
(I have a nasty mind), but it all looks legit.  The "clickable
notation reference" is a neat idea.

> It would be very useful to include weblily.net, or any other
> online similar resources that you may be aware of, in your 'how
> to install/use' lists,

There are serious security risks involved (for the provider), so
I'm reluctant to do this.

It's a good idea, though, and we might do this in a year or two.
It all depends on how much serious work has been done on the
security aspects.