Re: joining lilypond scores...

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: joining lilypond scores...
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 14:09:40 -0400

Hi Arno,

> is there some solution available? namespaces, or whatever?

I don't think there are namespaces (although that might be an interesting
feature request).

I would think you have two obvious options:

1. Write a script (e.g., in perl or sed or something) that would add a unique
identifier to each variable in all of your files.

2. Try this [untested brainexperiment]:

\include "fileA.ly"
myVariableA = \theNotes  % from fileA.ly
\include "fileB.ly"
myVariableB = \theNotes  % same name, but overrides because of the more recent
\include
\include "fileC.ly"
myVariableC = \theNotes  % same name, but overrides because of the more recent
\include

\score { { \myVariableA \myVariableB \myVariableC ... } }  % build as
sequential music

Hope this helps!
Kieren.