Re: PDF Named Destinations at each bar number

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: PDF Named Destinations at each bar number
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 14:46:44 -0300

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 11:04 AM, Amiel Heyde <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am trying add a feature to Lilypond but I have looked through the code a
> fair amount and really have no idea what is going on. I'm hoping someone may
> be able to give me some pointers (no pun intended).

Some quick pointers:

- grob-cause is inserted in lily/stencil-interpret.cc

- you need to add another expression type, mark-object (perhaps,
grob-cause could even be expressed as mark-object), and define
corresponding routines in output-*.scm

- you will need to make some symbol emit a new type of expression. As
a first approach, you could modify the stencil coming out of
Bar_line::print

- If you get that working (ie. get the marks to appear in the .ps),
try modifying Bar_number_engraver to add a bar-number property to the
object, which you use for defining the mark name.

good luck