Re: Font_metric code cleanup breaks fetaText positioning

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: Font_metric code cleanup breaks fetaText positioning
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 19:02:22 -0700

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 6:41 PM, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 10:39 PM, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> Okay, pushed.  Let me know if you find any problems.
>>
>> doesnt this equally mess up the vertical alignment, this time of normal text?
>
> More to the point, I'd expect the fix to be adding another property
> (font-tight-rendering, or similar), which controls the tight vs.
> nontight mode; time sigs and similar would use the tight mode.

Previous to your changes, IIRC, text_stencil() was never called.
text_stencil() might have had callers when the "char" and "text"
stencil expressions were still used, but I think those were obsoleted
a while ago.

In other words, I don't think a "tight" versus "non-tight" bbox is
still relevant.  Though I could be wrong.

I'll do a regtest check later, but the vertical alignment of normal
text looks okay upon casual inspection.

Thanks,
Patrick