Re: [frogs] Re: Enhancement request: Termination message for lilypond co

From: James Lowe
Subject: Re: [frogs] Re: Enhancement request: Termination message for lilypond compilations
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 16:45:17 +0000

hello,

Mark Polesky wrote:

I have vague memories of being confused on Windows, not
using a command line (double-clicking my file icon).  If I
recall, the only output I could find was the resulting log
file, and I often felt under-informed whenever the process
would hang.

Actually with windows the only way you know something 'good' has happened is because you get a brief cmd window open then close.

If for instance you simply have your files in the folder and drag and drop (or right click and open using context menus) and you don't get the cmd prompt it could either be because you have the PDF open or you have a problem and the compile failed.

I end up using 'date stamps' and view the working dir by list to know that my PDF has been created (or not) after the compile as the log file, the ly file will be roughly the same time.

Horrid, but then again a GUI is never promised.

With Mac 10.5+ the Log window opens up as a console and you can see the errors quite clearly (kind of like a pop-up terminal) when using Lilypad.

James