Re: Documentation fix for markup keywords.

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: Documentation fix for markup keywords.
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 09:33:00 -0700 (PDT)

David Kastrup wrote:
> It's not a question of what is better.  It is a matter of
> matching the docs with the actual code.  The signature
> keywords are not strings but symbols with a hyphen-joined
> symbol name.

This brings up a question I've always pondered but never
asked.  A lot of docstrings in the scm/ folder are formatted
as if they'll be eventually displayed somewhere, but I don't
understand where they'd ever appear.  In the docs?  On
stdout after some sort of debugging query?

Because if these docstrings are only intended to be read
straight from the scheme code, isn't it silly to bother with
backslashed quotes?

Curious to finally understand this.
- Mark