Re: Patch for LaTeX lilypond-syntax change

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Patch for LaTeX lilypond-syntax change
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 17:47:27 +0100

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 06:31:11PM +0200, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 20. April 2010 18:07:50 schrieb Graham Percival:
> > I think we'll remove it in lilypond 3.0, as part of the GLISS
> > changes.  Granted, this is probably 18 months in the future.
>
> Hmm, with such a time horizon,

2.14 has been "a month or two away" for the past 8 months, so I'm
beginning to massively pad my estimates -- but they'll probably
still be too optimistic.  :(

> I'm beginning to think about the \cresc, \dim
> and \decresc text commands again. Shall we really wait that long?

Good point.  What was your opinion on \newcresc again?  I remember
somebody suggesting it, and I think I remember somebody pointing
out some problems with that approach... but if we could add the
new functionality without changing the old commands, that would be
ideal.