Re: Why don't we get rid of \chordmode?

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Why don't we get rid of \chordmode?
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 10:08:23 +0200

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 10:53 PM, Neil Puttock <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 29 April 2010 21:36, Graham Percival <address@hidden> wrote:
>> That would already be handled by
>>  { ...} * 4
>> which is much more intuitive than ;4

I hadn't even considered that: to me, '*' means altering durations, so
I'd expect such a syntax to work in a way similar to
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=305

Therefore, ':' seemed much more natural (or, as Carl suggested, ';').

> You took the words straight out of my mouth. :)
>
> I'm afraid I couldn't resist testing this, so if you're interested,
> try the attached patch.

Awesome. I had no idea this would be so frigging simple :-)

I can't stand letting this patch get lost. Added as

Valentin