Re: Bezier curves [was: Dependencies in Lilypond]

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: Bezier curves [was: Dependencies in Lilypond]
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 19:40:31 +0200

On 2010-06-08 17:59, Carl Sorensen wrote:
P.S. If you have more stuff you want to do with Beziers, give me a shout.
I've taken Dr. Sederberg's class, so I'm somewhat aware of clever tricks
with splines.  That's where my bezier stuff came from earlier.

Whoever wants to do something serious with Bezier curves or splines (curves, surfaces, whatever), be sure to check out Gerald Farin's "Curves and Surfaces for CAGD (Computer Aided Geometry Design): A practical guide", Morgan Kaufmann Publishers. It's to Bezier what Ross is to music engraving, I guess (though I didn't manage to get the latter in my hands yet). A really amazing book, which should be available in every university library with an ounce of self-respect.

Cheers,
Alexander