Re: Dependencies in Lilypond

From: Mike Solomon
Subject: Re: Dependencies in Lilypond
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 14:00:53 +0200

Hey all,
    Sorry for the silence w/ respect to this issue: I've been trying to make
due w/o dependencies on my waveform patch and, finally, it looks like I'll
need glpk to make it happen: I was able to dispense with gsl, but the linear
programming algorithms I'm using are too involved to copy and paste a chunk
of code into lilypond.
    To that end, I have three questions:

1)  How would I create a separate branch?
2)  Would it be worth it simply to include glpk in my patch?  It requires no
dependencies itself to compile and it is lightweight, so it could become
"part" of lilypond, but I don't know if that's how things roll chez GNU.
3)  Would it be possible as a middleground of sorts to create an "optional"
dependency in lilypond?  That is, look for glpk and compile the waveforms
stuff only if it is found?  I figured out a way to write that bit of code in
the configure file if said maneuver is ok.

~Mike