Re: PATCH: issue 1116 (fill-line regression 2.13.11 to 2.13.12+)

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: PATCH: issue 1116 (fill-line regression 2.13.11 to 2.13.12+)
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 19:24:02 +0100

On 14 June 2010 15:34, Alexander Kobel <address@hidden> wrote:

> Besides, I tried to tackle the issue I mentioned here:
> <http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg51242.html>, which is
> that nested fill-lines used to shift their contents by some amount to the
> right.

Heh, I was just about to post a fix for that myself
(http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=382), using a
slightly different approach: checking whether the text-width equals or
exceeds line-width.

+        (line-stencils (if (and (= word-count 1)
+                                (not (>= text-width line-width)))
+                           (list point-stencil (car stencils) point-stencil)
                            stencils)))

I like your approach better though. ;)

> For some reason, I don't seem to be able to build the regtests; so all this
> should be taken with care, I did not really check if it breaks anything.

It compiles fine without any breakages.

> And once again, please clean up the indentation.  The "real" sources just
> look like a complete mess in my Emacs configuration.  I did not try to
> understand this, but rather to guess my tabs and spaces to fit...

Doesn't C-M-\ indent a region for you automatically?

One thing your patch doesn't cover is Reinhold's problem with compound
time signature formatting (see
http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=732); I wonder
whether we should just add his suggestion for translating the stencil
returned by \center-column onto its left edge (which would simplify
your \fill-line fix.)

Cheers,
Neil