Re: How to develop Emacs mode?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: How to develop Emacs mode?
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 18:33:42 +0200

Nicolas Sceaux <address@hidden> writes:

> Le 19 juin 2010 à 16:15, David Kastrup a écrit :
>
>> Nicolas Sceaux <address@hidden> writes:

>>> My machine does not have a serial port,
>>
>> Neither has mine.  I just use make-serial-process's ability to actually
>> work with any character device for attaching it to a midi port.  The
>> actual Midi connection happens to be a USB Midi converter.
>
> Ah OK, good to know.
> I'm trying to use a virtual midi keyboard and the make-serial-process
> function.

Well, here is what works for me (":speed nil" is necessary to trick
make-serial-process into not trying to set a speed on the "serial" port)
for letting Emacs display data arriving on the Midi interface.  On
GNU/Linux.  But it is not unlikely that a character device like that
would be available under OS/X as well.

(make-serial-process :port "/dev/midi1" :speed nil
      :buffer "*lily-midi*"
      :coding 'binary
      :noquery t
      :filter (lambda (process string)
         (message (mapconcat (lambda(x) (format "%02x" x)) string " "))))