Re: [frogs] Re: tablature: ties and harmonics (issue1669041)

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: [frogs] Re: tablature: ties and harmonics (issue1669041)
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 08:33:31 +0200

address@hidden schrieb:
On 2010/06/21 19:06:52, marc wrote:

Now I *must* overlook the obvious, because the fret numbers still
disappear,
even if they are not tied together.

Remember what I said about 'layer?
Yes, of course, but since the HarmonicParenthesesItem *did* work before
without coping with layers and I only restructured the stencil building
process, I don't understand why this behavior has changed.

I just created a separate branch, loaded the untouched scm/output-lib.scm
in my editor, replaced the old code with the new (added the property values
by hand, because they are not reachable in this branch), and the tab number
appears. So these changes are obviously not the reason for the tab number
to dissappear.

Both TabNoteHead and HarmonicParenthesesItem have the same default layer
(1), but the latter is likely to be printed over the notehead since its
engraver depends on acknowledging a notehead first.
I understand this, but why did it work before then?

I think you'll have to set TabNoteHead's layer to 2 to ensure it's
always printed over the harmonic brackets.
Ok, done.

Thanks,

Marc

http://codereview.appspot.com/1669041/show