Re: tablature: ties and harmonics (issue1669041)

From: n . puttock
Subject: Re: tablature: ties and harmonics (issue1669041)
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 22:26:01 +0000

On 2010/06/30 07:48:12, marc wrote:

So I tried to extend the parenthesize-stencil function in
scm/stencil.scm.
It compiles without error, but the regression file is cluttered up.

I can't test this.  Would you mind uploading another version here which
includes all the changes since the first patch set?

I feel that this is not the right approach, either. I still don't
understand
why I have to shift the TabNoteHead #'layer at all. As far as I see
it,
HarmonicParenthesesItem #'stencils is a list of stencils, containing
the
left and the right angle bracket, which are placed either side of the
TabNoteHead #'stencil. So the order in which the stancils are placed
should not change anything at all, but if the TabNoteHead #'stencil is
set
*before* the HarmonicParenthesesItem #'stencils, it seems that some
whitespace occurs between the angle brackets, overriding the
already placed TabNoteHead.

You added the default for 'whiteout to HarmonicParenthesesItem in your
first patch.  It applies the whiteout to the total extent: the two
brackets plus the space between.

I don't know why grobs with the same layer sometimes swap places, but
there's nothing we can do about it apart from change 'layer to ensure
visibility, unless you remove 'whiteout for the angle brackets.

Cheers,
Neil

http://codereview.appspot.com/1669041/show