Re: Align metronome mark at time signature or first musical element. Fix

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Align metronome mark at time signature or first musical element. Fixes #684. (issue1579041)
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 22:35:37 +0200

Op zondag 04-07-2010 om 19:54 uur [tijdzone +0000], schreef
address@hidden:

> > Alas, it can't.  When adding staff-bar to that list, the broken
> > marks appear next to the bar numbers, right at the start of the
> > staves.
>
> That's a shame.  It would be great if the symbol order in
> 'break-align-symbols determined the priority (like it does for
> RehearsalMark/BarNumber).

It does.  The symbol order does determine the priority.  Problem is,
at start of a stave the *only* symbol that is present is the staff
bar.

> > Okay...so I've added the break-aligned-interface.  It makes sense
> > to have this position added - this is probably not the only symbol
> > that we want positioned like this?
>
> I'm still confused as to why it's necessary, since it's only useful for
> ordering break-aligned grobs inside the stave; ditto for the defaults
> for 'break-align-symbol and 'break-align-symbols.

It is not necessary, we could scrap both of these.  I figure however,
that when adding break-aligned-ness to other engravers (text-spanner
etc), it could would be nice if they could make use of mm-rest's
alignment position.  Possibly it's better to remove both and add
when needed -- I don't know.

Freelance IT http://JoyOfSource.com | AvatarĀ®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl