Re: Strange error in make doc

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Strange error in make doc
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 16:40:01 +0200

Am Montag, 5. Juli 2010, 15:22:15 schrieb Graham Percival:
> On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 1:26 PM, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:
> > make[4]: *** No rule to make target `""', needed by
> > `out-www/collated-files.tely'.  Stop.
> > make[3]: *** [WWW-1] Error 2
> > rm out-www/collated-files.pdf.omf out-www/weblinks.itexi
> > make[2]: *** [WWW-1] Error 2
> > make[1]: *** [WWW-1] Error 2
> > make: *** [doc-stage-1] Error 2
> >

> > As near as I can tell, no file has failed, but somehow we have a blank
> > target.
>
> It's to do with the lilypond-book regression test build stuff,
> although I didn't realize it affected the normal doc build.

The problem was that Jan renamed the variable that collects the output files,
but didn't change the GNUmakefile of the regtests, so the list of target files
was empty... (Plus, the GNUmakefile used a wrong fallback of "" instead of an
empty variable!) My later commit fixed that.

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886