Re: [Request/Bounty] Accordion push and pull symbols

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [Request/Bounty] Accordion push and pull symbols
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 18:19:48 +0200

Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> writes:

> But here are the new names I'd propose:
>
> accDot --> dot
> accDiscant --> discant
> accFreebase --> freeBass
> accStdbase --> stdBass
> accBayanbase --> bayanBass
> accOldEE --> oldEE
>
> Do these make sense?

All of these (with the possible exception of oldEE which I have
absolutely no clue what it is supposed to actually be for for) are
particular to building accordion registration symbols.  While I don't
expect any collisions, in particular accordion.dot may not exactly be a
speaking name.

accordion.register.dot, accordion.register.discant, ... may be somewhat
clearer.  On the other hand, that may be excessive bike shedding.

And I don't need to worry what subcategory to place oldEE in...

So ok, can agree with your proposal.  However, looking through the other
glyph names, I see no examples for CamelCase for the purpose of word
separation.  For the sake of consistency, I'd just drop all the
CamelCase.  About oldEE I can't say since I don't really know that
symbol.