Re: Add support for multi-note tremolo (issue1786041)

From: n . puttock
Subject: Re: Add support for multi-note tremolo (issue1786041)
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 17:02:42 +0000

On 2010/07/10 09:51:33, Reinhold wrote:

Hmm, but that's the first event where I know that the tremolo has
ended. Before
the stopping spanner event, there is no way to determine whether there
will be
still some notes or not...

It's an unavoidable consequence of the iteration process, since the
TremoloRepeatedMusic triggers the creation of the start/stop events;
unlike the events generated by manual beaming, they're always running
behind.  Naturally this doesn't matter if we're restricted to two-note
tremolos since we know once a second stem's been acknowledged that the
beam should end.

Would it be a problem to use announce_end_grob here like before, even
though
there might be another note coming up?
I.e. what side-effects does calling announce_end_grob have?

AFAICT, it's only used by the Spanner_break_forbid_engraver, so will
only affect beams in a stem tremolo.  But it will have the unfortunate
side effect of making every tremolo longer than two notes breakable
(ignoring 'breakable = ##f) after the second stem.

Cheers,
Neil

http://codereview.appspot.com/1786041/show