Re: Optimizations for pure-height approximations. (issue1817045)

From: n . puttock
Subject: Re: Optimizations for pure-height approximations. (issue1817045)
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 22:04:59 +0000

http://codereview.appspot.com/1817045/diff/1/2
File lily/axis-group-interface.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/1817045/diff/1/2#newcode125
lily/axis-group-interface.cc:125: pure_height_cache =
scm_c_make_hash_table (1000);
This default size appears to be too big (at least for my poor computer,
which imploded trying to run `make check': it swallowed all the memory
(2 Gb) and virtual memory shot up to 4 Gb before I put it out of its
misery :)

I tried reducing it to 100, which incurred a slight performance penalty
due to rehashing, but allowed the regtest checks to finish.

http://codereview.appspot.com/1817045/show